Full Stack Developer (Investment Systems)
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Full Stack Developer (Investments Systems) The AIG Corporate Systems IT Group supports our Investments Management line of business and includes support for Global Real Estate, Capital Markets, and Science business teams. The data and applications' environments provide investment and asset management services for approximately $340 billion under management. As a Full Stack Developer, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. Responsibilities:
• Write exceptional code that is easy to read and maintain.
• Understand and contribute to the entire software delivery process, from conception, to UX design, code, test, and deployment.
• Analyze and resolve complex problems and articulate approaches to prevent issues in future.
• Develop unit test and automated test plans.
• Design and develop service oriented architecture solutions, building and maintaining internal and external services, integrating with complex database and third party components.
• Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements. Here's who we're looking for: You're the type of person who loves developing software. While you strive to be an expert in all the technologies that you use, you are in fact less interested in the technical aspects of developing software and your real passion is in your ability to express business knowledge in the software that you develop in order to improve and innovate the way that business processes are performed. When you describe how your applications work, you tend to use business metaphor rather than technical descriptions. You are someone who focuses on clearly understanding requirements and, with constant motivation to do things right the first time, you are driven to find the simplest designs and implementations. You are an excellent communicator. Besides the fact that you are patient and always clear when speaking, you are equally clear and thoughtful in your written communication. You understand that the real secret in being a good communicator is in having the ability to be mindful of the concerns and interests of your end users and colleagues who are reading your written messages. You communicate accurately, truthfully, and professionally in a way that is respectful of other people's time. You are technically astute. You love the field of Computer Science and you spend a fair amount of your personal time reading and learning and practicing to improve your skills. You use the tools to develop your software like a craftsman, and you manage your own development function by automating application tests and deployment methods; you do these things because you know they enable you to maintain a higher level of software quality which gives you the ability to deliver new features needed by your end users in the shortest amount of time.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Experience with modern build tools (e.g. angular-cli, gulp, etc).
• Care about automated testing (front and back end).
• Experience with at least one NoSQL Database.
• Team player with exceptional analytical, enterprise-minded and innovative problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Independent self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Experience in AWS cloud technologies.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives