Data Engineer (Investment Systems)
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work in our development team to create and enhance applications in the Investment space. Knowledge of Oracle is essential as it holds a bulk of our data, but additional skills are required to help us continue our transition to other technologies. Are you a critical thinker who wants to be challenged?
- Write exceptional PL-SQL / SQL code which is portable and easy to maintain.
- Architect and design database schemas and normalizing the data structures.
- Develop and optimize SQL queries and data base objects.
- Work with project team to identify potential solutions, technical requirements and development options.
- Debug and optimize the performance of a high traffic, multi-tier web applications.
- 3+ years of solid IT experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience data modeling and writing SQL queries or procedures.
- Team player with exceptional analytical, enterprise-minded and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Eager to learn new concepts and apply acquired knowledge in practice.
- Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude for debugging problems in complex, unfamiliar code.
- Independent self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Nice to Haves:
- Exposure and understanding of AWS technologies (DynamoDB, EMR).
- Experience with at least one NoSQL Database.
Here's who we're looking for:
You're the type of person who loves developing software. While you strive to be an expert in all the technologies that you use, you are in fact less interested in the technical aspects of developing software and your real passion is in your ability to express business knowledge in the software that you develop in order to improve and innovate the way that business processes are performed.
You are an excellent communicator. Besides the fact that you are patient and always clear when speaking, you are equally clear and thoughtful in your written communication. You understand that the real secret in being a good communicator is in having the ability to be mindful of the concerns and interests of your end users and colleagues who are reading your written messages. You communicate accurately, truthfully, and professionally in a way that is respectful of other people's time.
You are technically astute. You love the field of Computer Science and you spend a fair amount of your personal time reading and learning and practicing to improve your skills. You use the tools to develop your software like a craftsman, and you manage your own development function by automating application tests and deployment methods; you do these things because you know they enable you to maintain a higher level of software quality which gives you the ability to deliver new features needed by your end users in the shortest amount of time.
The AIG Corporate Systems IT Group supports our Investments Management line of business and includes support for Global Real Estate, Capital Markets, and Science business teams. The data and applications' environments provide investment and asset management services for approximately $340 billion under management. The Senior Oracle Developer works within a cross-functional team of Business Stakeholders, Application Developers, and Infrastructure Engineers to understand business related challenges, design process and technical solutions, and ultimately solve problems to address business motivated changes. It's time to add someone to our team who can take the design and support of our Investments applications to the next level.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives