UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
The Security Risk Consultant will be responsible to provide direction, consolidation, coordination and management of a wide variety of security services to clients in order to strategically support AIG underwriters and distribution teams with the aim of increasing value to the client, impacting loss ratio's, and consulting fee generation. To work with AIG underwriters, distribution and Client Risk Solutions team to provide direction in regards to the security needs of AIG clients. Specifically this will include: o Meet with clients to identify security gaps and needs of each client that can then be addressed through a consolidated cross functional security services approach. o To identify the appropriate security services found in the CRS team, AIG Global Security and any external vendors and create single project plans and service offerings. o Manage the deployment of security resources and services in support of the clients security needs providing relevant updates and advice to the underwriters, distribution and CRS teams. o To provide quality assurance to reports and recommendations, ensuring that appropriate security advice is provided to clients. o Work with the various security practices in CRS, AIG Global Security and approved Vendors to assist with Security Product and Service development.
• Identify opportunities to use Risk Intelligence and analytics to provide value to clients and to create a strong platform for dialogue with the clients security team
• Stay current on any worldwide incident or emerging threats that may impact AIG clients operations worldwide. Operating Environment: This role involves interaction with a number of departments across AIG including CRS, the AIG Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) as well as with approved security vendors.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in appropriate security discipline preferred
• Certification with ASIS or a similar certification preferred
• 10 to 15 year experience with the military, law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security. To include a preferred minimum of 5 years of corporate security (or consulting) experience.
• Network of security resources
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of current global geo-political activity, threat conditions, and government structures.
• Able to work with limited supervision and resources - must have a ‘can do' attitude
• Analytical with good business acumen
• Well developed communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Experienced at building relationships Job Challenges:
• Ability to work both operationally and strategically
• To work effectively in a complex matrix organization
• The ability to influence people not directly under job holders control
• To deliver results in a tough and competitive environment
• Flexibility to undertake a variety of security related projects and issues
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives