UI Front-End Development Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Commercial insurance technology is a big part of AIG that is currently on a transformational journey with a big emphasis on enhancing the user experience of its applications that are spread across the web, mobile and desktop platforms . The UI engineering department under the commercial organization will lead this UI transformation by building a shared framework that will enable dozens of project teams attain their world class user experience goals. As a Sr. User Interface Engineer, you'll play a critical role in building the shared framework and in setting up the horizontal services capability. You'll lead a team of dynamic front-end developers, manage multiple work-streams, and liaise with UX, product, business and technology teams to create and deliver consistent, contextual and continuous experiences. The role requires in-depth expertise in front end development skills and experience in related technologies. Position Requirements: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Architect solutions using innovative technology ideas and industry leading methodologies. Work closely with other team members to develop world class reusable UI components.
• Stay current with emerging front-end and interactive technologies, promote their usage as project needs, dictate and drive adoption across the company.
• Architect, construct and manage contributions to front-end frameworks. Create interactive prototypes with front-end tools. Translate design assets like flat mockups, design files and static clickable prototypes into production-ready front-end written with modern tools.
• Provide feedback to both designers and developers on technical feasibility, speed and optimization, and possible alternatives to difficult interactions or animations.
• Mentor geographically distributed teams. Provide thought leadership to team around new technologies, processes and approaches
• Deep expertise in user interface design and front-end development across form-factors and devices.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or jointly in a self-directed way.
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Agile mindset but adaptable to different methodologies.
• Exceptional verbal and written communicator, coordinator, and organizer with experience getting things done in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment; Ability to effectively manage messages and communications for different audiences. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Technical background with a B.S. in Computer Science or related disciplines.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives