Critical Operations Manager
CS - Corporate Services
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Critical Operations Manager to join our team! Criitical Operations is responsible for the facility management (ie, property management and engineering) effective daily leadership and administration of assigned properties, critical facility, or campus with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and reliably operating, maintaining, and modifying the facility infrastructure, systems and equipment in a cost-effective manner. You should have strong property management skills and subject matter expertise in one or more critical environment electrical/mechanicals systems, infrastructure, and operational practices.
This position can be based in our office locations in either Fort Worth or Houston
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Supervise and manage property and engineering staff, including oversight of priorities, shift staffing, recruiting, training and developing of staff, succession planning, and personnel development. Ensure that staff are properly trained and qualified for their assigned facilities and associated work in a critical environment, including full implementation and strict adherence to the FM Critical Environment & Operations Standards.
• Responsible for oversight of the overall operation, maintenance, and modification of all critical environment building systems including: mechanical (including HVAC, computer room air conditioners, chillers, and plumbing); electrical (including UPS, DC battery systems, PDU, generators, transfer switches, and switchgear); cabling (including data and voice, broad band); fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
• Perform site assessments and evaluations of existing and new facilities. Create and publishes risk assessment reports based on initial findings inclusive of recommendations for remediation and improvements.
• Perform continuous quality operations assessments and makes recommendations for operational improvements focused on improving energy efficiencies and operational integrity.
• Develop operational improvement plans and administers the integration of the plans in a phased and properly planned manner. Will be responsible for developing and implementing “test-fit” or “mock-ups” of recommendations to prove that the expected results can be achieved with no adverse impact to the environment. Responsible for documenting the results of each of the “tests” along with detailed descriptions of benefits achieved during the testing and expected benefits for the permanent implementation.
• Responsible for 24 x 7 emergency coverage for assigned properties.
• Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage the safety training program.
• Ensure compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
• Oversight for the development of an annual maintenance plans and capital plans which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building's future capabilities are maintained.
• Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
• Develop and implement programs, procedures and policies focused on increasing system reliability and reducing down time.
• Maintain effective communication with all external and internal customers, including Clients, Property and Project Management, and Engineering staff.
• Ensure that the CWP is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building's critical infrastructure.
• Responsible for project management support for the assigned region or portfolio of properties.
• Travel is required in this position (approx. 25%).
• Performs additional job duties as requested.
• Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent management and technical experience
• Strong working technical knowledge and understanding of critical data center systems, including HVAC, Standby emergency power, uninterruptible power supplies, and associated infrastructure.
• Applicable license /permit for trade as required (e.g. Journeyman or Master/Electrician, City/State License).
• Valid Driver's License
• Ability to write and review high quality detailed work scripts, methods of procedure, and standard operating procedures. Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management. Ability to motivate employees and client groups to take desired action.
• General working knowledge of financial terms and principles. Able to develop labor budgets and manage implementation accordingly.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of outcomes in varying situations. Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
• Proficient in computer applications and software, including commercial computerized maintenance management systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives