AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG advises a range of companies - from technology startups to publicly traded, Fortune 500 in size - on solutions to manage their global risk. In today's ever more complex, interconnected, global world, the science of risk management is critical to achieving business objectives.
AIG views actuaries as the inventive force behind business profit evaluation and optimal reserving. They leverage big data so business leaders make more informed decisions. Among other projects, actuaries at AIG monitor key performance indicators, identify dynamic and changing trends, ensure compliance with the evolving legal landscape, and help ensure the long term viability of AIG as an enterprise.
- Analyze the profitability and reserve need of casualty lines.
- Conduct various deep dives, e.g. construction defect.
- Work closely with underwriting and claims to accurately identify loss trends and business mix changes
- Work closely with pricing actuaries to understand pricing trends and adequacy that will impact reserve estimates.
- Research and enhance actuarial methodologies
- Monitor and examine profitability at a granular segmentation level
1. 2-5 years or more of actuarial experience in the Property/Casualty industry
2. Pursuing Fellowship of Casualty Actuary Society
3. Results oriented and high level of intellectual curiosity
4. Knowledge and experience with complex Property/Casualty business
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Good interpersonal skills and strong sense of responsibility
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives