AVP & Associate Actuary
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
Position: AVP and Associate Actuary Reports to: Deputy Chief Actuary, Finance Actuarial Preferred Location: New York or Atlanta Major Objectives
• Help implement and oversee best practices for International loss reserving analysis
• Review quarterly reserve analyses and provide feedback to
• Develop and implement tools and models to improve efficiency and enhance analytical and reporting capabilities
• Work with ERM department and external consultants to ensure proper governance and oversight of reserve process
• Communicate with and advise Senior Management, Underwriters, and Finance on results and key issues impacting the portfolio
• Ensure effective training and development of junior staff
• Keep aware of emerging issues affecting product lines and incorporate into reserving analysis as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
• BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area.
• Ten years or more of property casualty actuarial experience
• ACAS or FCAS credential strongly desired
• Advanced knowledge of actuarial reserving methodologies and techniques
• Excellent project management and leadership skills.
• Experience implementing new models, tools, and processes in a large, complex organization
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives