Business Systems Analyst III
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
Business Systems Analyst III Poosition Summary: Analyzes and evaluates business needs and provides technical direction and recommendations to create or develop new system functionality. Responsibilities: Analyze and define business requirements and develop system specifications to solve business problems.
• Manage requirements scope and escalate any issues as appropriate.
• Partner with business and development to document complex business system requirements.
• Research and analyze existing business processes and systems to formulate logical statements of business requirements.
• Analyze and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for system design. Participate in system projects.
• Work on system projects that have complex functionality.
• Work on projects with a broad scope, involving multiple systems.
• Lead the system development life cycle from design through implementation. Acts as project leader. May direct the work of other analysts. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
The Ideal Candidate will have: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems through the development and implementation of business applications preferred. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
• Knowledge of industry and company.
• Familiarity with PC and mainframe applications.
• Analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
• Relationship management skills.
• Knowledge of the business unit's functions and applications.
• Knowledge of system and technology alternatives.
• Knowledge and experience in systems development life cycle.
• Extensive knowledge of business analysis techniques and requirements tools.
• Experience of waterfall and/or agile methodologies. Knowledge of both preferred.
• Experience with use case methodology.
• Cross-functional knowledge of integrated systems.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives