Security Practice Leader
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
AIG has many security related services that are delivered to clients. These include terrorism risk, Crisis response, travel security and planning and response, corporate security program development. These services are also augmented by other established capabilities within AIG including Fraud mitigation, cyber and marine and transport security.
This position will be a Practice Leader for all of the Security service capabilities.
The Security Practice Leader will be responsible to provide direction, consolidation, coordination and management of a wide variety of security services to clients in order to strategically support AIG underwriters and distribution teams with the aim of increasing value to the client, impacting loss ratio's, and consulting fee generation.
The role will work with AIG underwriters, distribution and Client Risk Solutions leadership team to develop value propositions and build team capabilities to meet identified market and AIG needs.
Specifically this will include:
- Lead the global team of security consultants and technical experts.
- Meet with clients to identify security gaps and needs of each client that can then be addressed through a consolidated cross functional security services approach.
- To identify the appropriate security services found in the CRS team, AIG Global Security and any external vendors and create value propositions and service offerings.
- Manage the deployment of security resources and services to meet client and underwriting needs. Use resources to best drive risk improvement and to develop strong client relations.
- Ensure quality of security service deliverables including accuracy of reports and recommendations.
- Work with the various security practices in CRS, AIG Global Security and approved Vendors to assist with Security Product and Service development.
- Identify opportunities to use and enhance Risk Intelligence and analytics to provide value to clients and to create a strong platform for dialogue with the clients security team
- Stay current on any worldwide incident or emerging threats that may impact AIG clients operations worldwide.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in appropriate security discipline preferred
- Certification with ASIS or a similar certification preferred
- Extensive experience with the military, law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security. To include a preferred minimum of 5 years of corporate security (or consulting) experience
- Network of security resources
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current global geo-political activity, threat conditions, and government structures.
- Clear leadership characteristics including ability to connect and inspire teams
- Well developed communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experienced at building relationships
- Ability to work both operationally and strategically
- To work effectively in a complex matrix organization
- The ability to influence people not directly under job holders control
- To deliver results in a tough and competitive environment
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of security related projects and issues
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives