Systems Analyst Senior
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Systems Analyst Senior JOB DUTIES:
• Analyze business requirements and develop system specifications to address and resolve business problems.
• Experience with analyzing and developing computer software for insurance (claims)
• Experience in developing system requirements and detailed program specifications from which programmers prepare flowcharts, programs, and tests.
• Partner with business analysts, project managers and development team to develop complex business system requirements.
• Research and analyze existing business processes and systems to formulate logical translations and specifications based on received business requirements.
• Under general supervision assist in defining, analyzing, and evaluating system requirements to solve business problems.
• Advise and consult on the implementation of systems modifications; use business knowledge to develop systems documentation and support the system development life cycle from design through implementation. Participate in system projects.
• Assist and support of claims internal interfaces and external interfaces.
• Ongoing maintenance of mapping files to support.
• Manage system claims tickets on a daily basis and work with QA and business units.
• Work with QA team on projects which have complex business functionality.
• Define programming requirements.
• Support the system development life cycle from design through implementation and support. Act as a project leader.
• May direct the work of other analysts and/or developers.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Personal lines insurance experience is a mandatory requirement (Claims). EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 5 plus years progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems through the development and implementation of business applications. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
• Personal lines insurance experience is a mandatory requirement (Claims).
• Working knowledge of SQL and ability to interpret and design queries.
• Familiarity with PC applications.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
• Relationship management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of business analysis techniques.
• Understanding of and experience in implementation of systems development life cycle.
• Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies.
• Experience with use case and user story methodologies.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives