Underwriter Trade Credit
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
The trade credit underwriter manages key relationships and reviews complex transactions for key targeted Trade Credit brokers/markets/industries. This is an integral position that provides front facing external/internal marketing responsibilities as well as management of office underwriting management duties and initiatives.
• Developing strong relationships with brokers and clients to grow the underwriter's book of trade credit business.
•Contribute to group revenue targets and meeting internal operations/audit directives for the division.
•Training, mentoring, providing technical direction to PA's and analysts.
• Underwriting new and renewal insurance submissions and negotiating policy terms and conditions.
• Analyzing domestic and international corporate credits, evaluating financial information, and recommending or approving appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Professionally maintaining and properly servicing an existing book of trade credit insurance business.
• Marketing, selling and presenting to brokers and insureds to increase submission flow.
• Engaging in various underwriting and marketing projects to improve overall company results.
• Meeting operating and audit guidelines and goals of senior management
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Undergraduate degree in business or economics.
• 2-4 years of experience preferred in an underwriting capacity is preferred.
• Proficiency in software packages Microsoft Outlook, Cap IQ, Salesforce).
• Solid organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Foreign language proficiency valued, and underwriting, banking, or other credit analysis experience a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives