Head of Product Management - Cyber Security Analytics
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Head of Product Management - Cyber Security Analytics
As AIG leadership, along with regulatory pressures drive us to become a more cost effective firm, the Information Security Office (ISO) is developing tools and applications to allow AIG to make risk-based and cost-effective decisions while operating in over 100 countries globally. The Security Analytics and Insight (SAI) organization, which is a subgroup under ISO, has 2 primary programs.
The Technology Enablement Program enables the business to make strategic security and risk decisions, improve assessment efficiency, drive risk reduction, reduce costs through centralization and automation, and support strategies for proactive security risk management programs. The Security Analytics Program consolidates and validates IT Security and Risk data from various sources, applies advanced data analytics and big data technologies to drive insight and deliver risk intelligence on company IT risk vulnerabilities and threats.
As the ‘Head of Product Management - Cyber Security Analytics', you will enable AIG businesses across the globe to make strategic security-based decisions and adopt intelligent, innovative measures to reduce IT risks and optimize costs. You will also provide system deployment expertise and support to build out risk reduction capabilities.
• The role will have end-to-end product management ownership of the AIG Cyber Security Data Warehouse, Analytics and Reporting Application. The role will develop the products strategic initiatives including setting the strategy, driving the functionalities and bringing it to AIG Stakeholders.
• The role will develop and evangelize strong brand management and marketing best practices for delivering core product functionality to the stakeholders and transform the application into the IT security intelligence platform of choice within AIG.
• The role will work cross-functionally (with Cyber Security Leader, ERM leaders, Internal Audit Partners, and AIG's many Business Unit leaders) and develop strong relationships that will allow the role to work more efficiently and build trust with key partner teams.
• A major responsibility for the role is to understand and consolidate business requirements, develop and own multi-year product road-maps, and develop resource and cost plans working with business and engineering partners. This includes engaging stakeholders, prioritizing product functionalities, and ensuring the solutions engineering team delivers on time and on budget.
• The role will develop and implement effective internal and external product governance to reach AIG's Business Unit CIOs and Liaisons. This includes ensuring steering committees are kept up to date on the product portfolio, effective change management, multi-year strategy review, and address financial risks to the product.
• Ability to thrive under ambiguity and make decisions with incomplete data. Know how to solve for speed, and right balance to strike between agility and perfection.
• The role will require a thorough understanding of technology landscape and will work with the AIG Infrastructure management service teams to facilitate planned product releases and resolve cross functional challenges.
• The role will take on strategic projects outside the roles specific area of product ownership that will help shape our Cyber Security business strategy over the next 3-5 years.
• Expertise in software product management best practices including product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development process, effort estimation, and resource management.
• The role will oversee a team of product management resources which will oversee a set of onshore/offshore project managers, BSAs, and brand/marketing specialists.
• The role requires excellent communication skills a must with proven ability to pitch vision and strategy as well as build successful relationships with executives, stakeholders, and engineering counterparts.
• Must be data and metrics-driven, and have an ability to tie product activities to metrics, such as customer adoption and product usage, that help move the business forward.
• Minimum 15+ years of experience including 5+ years in product management, 5+ years in Product Marketing and research and 5+ years in a customer-facing IT solutions role.
• Solid mix of technical, product and business acumen.
• Demonstrated skills around being able to simultaneously deliver outstanding results around team engagement, customer delight, and shareholder benefit.
• Strong marketing skills required. You must be able to frame strategies to diverse stakeholders.
• Experience working with consulting firms who specialize in providing onshore/offshore staff augmentation.
• Experience and expertise in technology / product management for banks or financial services firms. Familiar with IT risk management / security frameworks and risk data analytics and reporting.
• Knowledgeable and experience in data analytics and big data technology implementations. Able to frame and present information to executive level audience.
• Ability to understand the technical underpinnings of products and different engineering trade-offs
• Proven success driving senior level executive engagements and meeting stakeholder expectations. Ability to demonstrate product strategic value and gather senior executives' support.
• Proven track record managing complex projects.
• Expertise in and experience with successfully managing software product life cycles.
• Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly consumer products.
• Fluent in language of marketing as it relates to performance measurement, ROI, and analysis
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• MBA from a top tier institution strongly preferred.
• Experience leading and managing a software engineering team
• Experience developing business unit strategies.
• Experience developing a multi-year product roadmap.
• Experience prioritizing features and functionality in a resource-constrained environment.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives