Financial Lines Underwriter
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Risk Specialists Companies Insurance Agency, Inc.
Position Summary & Performance Objectives:
An underwriter in the Private / Not-For Profit Group is responsible for the following:
• Analyze submissions to ensure completeness and rate readiness, evaluate risks and controls, and ensure compatibility within risk appetite.
• Analyze loss information and financial statements to facilitate quote development.
• Assist senior underwriting staff with servicing and maintaining the complex book of business already in place. Solicit and follow-up on outstanding submission information from brokers.
• Perform market-facing responsibilities while maintaining their book of business within the office.
• Develop critical business relationships with brokers and clients.
• Participate in various underwriting and marketing initiatives to improve company results and drive portfolio strategies.
• Work with management, the Insured, its broker and outside counsel on contract terms and conditions, as well as with the broker on premium.
• Work with multinational partners to coordinate and place multinational programs.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• 2+ years of business experience or a background in financial lines insurance; preferably management liability.
• Bachelor's Degree; preferably RMI or Finance.
• Working knowledge of financial statements and analysis.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skill set.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects and other product offerings.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives