Asst Director, Pricing Governance
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
- Position Description:
The Commercial Pricing Practices & Governance team serves as a transformational force within the Pricing department - standardizing, challenging and enhancing pricing practices. The Commercial Pricing department combines methods of data science and actuarial science to produce predictive models for pricing different lines of business. This role works closely with the model development team to challenge model methods and decisions, analyze model risks and communicate the methods and results to senior management.
• Collaborating with modelers, actuaries and underwriters to create the most effective models.
• Evaluating risks within a model, including model implementation and underwriting environment.
• Strong collaboration, communication and influencing skills.
- Position Requirements:
• ACAS preferred but not required
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related areas.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong influencing skills - ability to work with cross-functional team to gather inputs and align objectives and recommendations.
• 5+ years of relevant experience. Experience and knowledge in commercial property casualty insurance is preferred
• Strong Project Management skills. Strong execution and results orientation
• Strong PowerPoint skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives