Boiler & Machinery Technical Trainer
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Responsible for managing the training process for the U.S. & Canadian Boiler and Pressure Vessel Jurisdictional Loss Prevention Program. Responsibilities include developing, preparing, conducting, and evaluating technical training programs in accordance with AIG and the National Board of Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspectors, US & Canadian Jurisdictional requirements. Write literature and materials to be used in programs and design exercises to enhance lectures and presentations. Conduct classes regarding inspection, safety, communications, report writing, and technical advances. Evaluate the trainee's job performance criteria during new hire probationary and new inspector training periods. This position is home based.
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Minimum of 8 to 15 years prior experience in steam cycle equipment used in main propulsion, building utility or manufacturing processes , i.e.: - boilers, HVAC, pumps; or possess more than 8 to 15 years of boiler and machinery loss prevention insurance field experience.
- Holder of a National Board Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspector In-service Commission.
- Prior experience as a Technical Trainer; preferably for Jurisdictional Boiler & Pressure Vessel inspections.
- Prior experience in designing technical course content.
- Prior experience in being able to determine overall effectiveness of training programs and making improvements.
- Broad knowledge of ‘all risk' boiler and machinery loss control and experienced in performing boiler and machinery field surveys of commercial and light to high hazard industrial and / or energy occupancies.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Be highly motivated and work well without close supervision. The individual must be able to make decisions with and without established guidelines and provide technical support to underwriters & clients.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), computer skills and a client focused approach.
- Ability to work closely with various Analytics and Technical Team Members, Account Teams including Account & Field Engineers and Underwriters.
- Must be able to perform physical activities required for the position (i.e., be on feet and walking 8-10 hours a day, climbing ladders, being in confined spaces, and at high elevations)
- Must be able to type at a computer for 8 hours a day with 3 or 4, 15 minute breaks doing other work and a lunch break interspersed.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment required for the position (hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection).
- Must be able to abide by OSHA safety, respirator and confined space programs.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives