Head of Marketing and Communications - Personal Insurance - New York
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
POSITION LOCATION: New York
The Head of Marketing and Communications, Personal Insurance will be primarily responsible for establishing and implementing the Personal Insurance marketing and communications strategy, including media, public relations and brand reputation, across multiple channels to align and enhance our global presence and reputation, in alignment with the same for General Insurance. In addition, working in close partnership with Corporate Communications, this role will be a key thought leader in respect of internal communications, branding, as well as Investor Relations for AIG.
This position reports to the CEO of Personal Insurance, with a matrix report to the Head of Marketing and Communications for General Insurance, and will serve as a member of the Personal Insurance Leadership Team.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and measuring the success of a strategic marketing and communication plan with focus on internal and external brand reputation that supports Personal Insurance's strategic vision and operating plans.
- Implement global marketing governance and monthly reporting for Personal Insurance, integrating product tower KPIs.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place which enables the collection and assessment of market data in order to monitor trends and evaluate effectiveness of programs and campaigns.
- Align messages across all Stakeholder, Customer and Producer touch points, including call centers, direct mail, Social Media, e-mail, webcasts, banner advertising and other.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
- Responsible for editorial direction and design of all Personal Insurance publications.
- Provide leadership and guidance to product and regional leaders in respect of marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the field of marketing and communications, leveraging insights to enable Personal Insurance to operate with initiative and to be opportunistic.
- Actively contribute to the implementation of key objectives.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated success, preferably within the Financial Services industry.
- Proven Strategic Leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Demonstrated excellent marketing, influencing, negotiating and communication skills
- The position requires 25% travel
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives