Accounting Director- Insurance
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
This is a key leadership position for Property Casualty Global Profit Center Accounting and Reporting. The role will be a combination of what was being performed to date as well as a future expectations of the role to be global rather than US focused. The responsibilities include:
- monitoring revenue recognition policies and controls for profit center activity globally
- unearned premium analytics and monitoring
- new product accounting, including revenue recognition, working closely with Office of Accounting Policy, and controls around this process
- tracking, monitoring, and controlling currently manual journal entry processes concerning profit center activity including earning pattern adjustments not accounted for in the current sub ledger systems. This includes implementing the future state in the Accounting Hub and automating these manual journal entries.
- global profit center monitoring and control including analytical control for major changes between profit centers
- controllership owner and initial approver for global profit center master data
- owner and approver for US dsp to profit center mapping
- establishment of ledger reporting of profit center activity
- global implementation of controls and monitoring for producing office reporting out of the ledger
- owner of the deferred acquisition cost tool and related analytics globally. This includes implementing the future state in the Accounting Hub.
- working closely with various teams globally including FP&A, business partners, reinsurance, master data governance team, SAP ledger team, IT, FCU and other controller teams
- coordination with external and internal auditors
This position is located in New York with global Senior leadership and is critical to both internal and external controllership goals.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives