Associate Actuary - Fixed Annuity Pricing
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
This position supports the AIG Life & Retirement fixed annuity pricing unit and is responsible for providing actuarial support for newly issued individual fixed annuity contracts. Such support includes, assumption setting, model development, pricing analysis, and the calculation of metrics.
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
• Understands how fixed annuities behave and the investments that back them
• Understands statutory accounting principles of fixed annuities and the investments that back them.
• Understands the aspects of policy owner options embedded in fixed annuity contracts.
• Understands interest rate modeling
• The ability to write code
• The ability to validate financial models
• The ability to communicate efficiently and effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ensures suitable documentation of results.
• Knows how to summarize and communicate results and most importantly ensures the accuracy of such results.
• The ability to meet multiple, dynamic demands on a daily basis.
• Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
• Excellent analytical skills, a good attitude and a willingness to learn
• Knowledge of Prophet or another actuarial projection system
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)\\
Full Time - Permanent
5 + years
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives