Senior Production Specialist
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Risk Specialists Companies Insurance Agency, Inc.
This role accepts, declines or modifies new and renewal underwriting submissions of specialty accounts submitted by brokers. The role analyzes and evaluates risk, recommends or decides to accept, reject, or modify risk and coverage conditions, and negotiates with producers, within limits of delegated authority and in accordance with established underwriting guidelines to achieve underwriting profitability objectives. This level typically handles larger to mid-size accounts and/or more complex risks.
- Accepts, declines or modifies new and renewal submissions submitted by brokers.
- Identifies exposures and analysis required to underwrite an account, as well as the coverage policies, and determines the exposures to loss assumed and restricted by the insuring agreements and the exclusions.
- Manages a book of business and may participate in the formulation of the budget relative to regional budget/goals.
- Attains new business production goals and establishes submission flow relative to the book of business.
- Develops and implements negotiation strategies.
- Makes independent sales calls to market and cross-market products. Identifies target markets, designs and implements strategies for lead development and builds prospect lists.
- Develops and manages underwriting strategies for both renewals and prospects within his/her portfolio of accounts, including knowledge of the current penetration by product, cross marketing penetration by product and specific plans to increase company share.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- +8 years of Commercial Property Underwriting experience
- Vast experience with Client Engagement preferably within Manufacturing, Real Estate and Healthcare Risks
- Licensed Managing General Agent
- Professional Designations are preferred
- May be licensed brokers
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives