Strategic Data Scientist (Manager)
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We are helping AIG transform and reinvent the business of insurance by balancing the art of decision-making with analytics. Our mission is to accelerate performance improvement and business innovations at the intersection of cutting-edge technology, global insurance, and finance. Our goal is to make AIG more data-driven and define best-in-class insurance for the generations to come. We are looking for top-notch Strategic Data Scientists to join our team and be the creative force for the next wave of dramatic performance improvement and insurance innovations.
What you will do:
- Own critical and fast-paced initiatives.
- Create robust, testable, and scalable solutions that leverage AIG's wealth of data to address some of its most critical priorities.
- Cover the entire spectrum of organization, operations, regulations, and technology implementation.
- Build relationships with dozens of key players across businesses and functions.
- Provide both high-level executive insights (here's what matters and why) and deep detail (think of being best friends with a several-million-item data set) across a variety of solutions.
- Solve the most challenging business problems to outpace a very diverse and active set of competitors
What you bring to the table:
- You are a learning machine, curious about all aspects of what makes a particular process or solution work; you have the ability to quickly absorb the basics of businesses, geographies, technologies, etc.
- You look at problems from a unique perspective and come up with creative and fast solutions that can easily scale while remaining cost-efficient.
- You are a rock star teammate:
o You don't let your team down and invest yourself fully in delivering your part of the deal.
o You know that it takes all kinds to come up with the best solution, and you're a kind and collaborative teammate even when faced with opinions and perspectives that contradict yours.
- You can zoom-in and out on a topic, generating both micro- and macro-level insights relevant to the solution.
- You believe in fact-based decision making and love to roll up your sleeves to find evidence in support of (or against) key hypotheses.
- You have a record of commitment and excellence.
- You have excelled in your previous jobs and education:
o You have demonstrated drive (what accomplishment are you most proud of?)
o You have tactfully dealt with sensitive situations involving a wide variety of conflicting opinions.
- Strong critical thinker with experience in “pyramid, hypothesis-driven” problem analysis and communication.
- Capability to lead complex substantive analysis and deal with large, complex, and highly imperfect data sets.
- Knowledge on how to structure and effectively integrate/enrich data:
o Reasonable understanding and ability to use statistical concepts and machine learning techniques
o Experience designing/overseeing implementation of ETLs a plus
- Extensive experience dealing with relevant programing languages (e.g. Python, R, Spark, SAS, SQL), visualization tools (e.g. Tableau/QlikView), Big data and cloud platforms (SnapLogic/ AWS Lambda/ Redshift), and/or advance analytics packages (e.g. RapidMiner)
- Refined communication and influencing skills adaptable to both technical and non-technical audiences, including global senior business leaders and functional managers.
- Excellence in managing time and resources to drive projects to successful conclusions.
- Comfortable working on multiple large projects, given fast-changing priorities
Notable (3-6+ years) experience across a variety of business topics (e.g., strategy, organization, operations, finance, technology, etc.).
- Familiar with or a fast learner of novel technologies.
- Experience in top consulting firm is advantageous.
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a top-tier program.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.