UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50%
Relocation Provided: No
American International Co Ltd.
As an Underwriter for Environmental Casualty, you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Primary Casualty business by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to source high quality submissions, determining/prioritizing submissions to be underwritten, quoting and negotiating accounts with broker. You'll work closely with a dedicated group of Technical Underwriters who are responsible for the bulk of the risk evaluation, pricing range determination, and terms and condition recommendation, leaving you to focus on the external selling and negotiating, problem solving, and the relationship dimension of the underwriter role.
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope:
We are seeking a Market Facing Underwriter, Environmental Casualty Underwriting who will report directly to Regional Casualty Manager as part of the team.
Sourcing quality business
• Communicate risk appetite and AIG Value Proposition to brokers
• Collaborate with BDMs, Territory Managers, and other line of business underwriters to target desirable accounts from brokers
• Rapidly evaluate, prioritize and select submissions to be underwritten by Technical Underwriter
• Recognize and create cross sell opportunities for other Commercial products
• Work with broker to understand the deal structure, terms, and AIG Services that best meets clients' needs
• Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, & deal structure with brokers
• Participate in special underwriting projects as needed
• Develop strong, long term relationships with brokers and clients to profitably grow a book of business
• Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients
• Interface with a technical underwriting team to transmit risk relevant submission information
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• An undergraduate Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Working knowledge of US Primary Casualty lines of business (Workers Compensation, Auto Liability/Physical Damage, and General Liability) including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience
• High “EQ”
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
• Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
• Comfort with analytical tools and technology
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf