Accounting Manager - Residential Mortgage Loan
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Global Asset Management Holdings Corp.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with a multi-company monthly financial close, ensuring the integrity of financial data and compliance with policies and procedures. The position requires a broad range of accounting experience within the financial services industry, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with various functional groups and business partners. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with Residential Mortgage Loan accounting, mortgage servicing and related systems.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Perform monthly close processes specific to parent insurance companies and securitization trusts, including the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account and mortgage loan sub-servicer report analytical review, along with other monthly verifications while adhering to corporate reporting dates and ensuring accuracy of financial data
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and review of financial results, key performance metrics and other presentation materials provided to management
- Work closely with AIG's Financial Control Unit, Internal Audit Group and Independent Auditors to document and maintain controls and remediation efforts as required
- Assist in review of data used in financial statement disclosures
- Participate in special projects and support other ad hoc finance initiatives
- Perform billing verifications of pass-thru expenses
- Document accounting and reporting procedures
- Develop and maintain work flows identifying key controls
- B.A./B.S. degree in Accounting is required
- 5+ years of financial reporting experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to accomplish strategic goals within a geographically dispersed business
- Strong organizational skills; communication skills (both written and oral)
- Prior SAP experience a plus
- Mortgage loan accounting and reporting experience
- Insurance STAT reporting experience a plus
AIG Investments is responsible for managing and overseeing the investment needs of AIG Parent, its insurance company operations globally as well as various legacy non-insurance businesses. This includes a wide range of asset classes including high grade and high yield fixed income, private placements, real estate, mortgages and structured/securitized products. The focus is on providing industry leading liability-driven asset management, including research, trading and portfolio management activities. AIG Investments has a manager of managers capability for equities and alternative investments, including private equity and hedge funds.
AIG Investments Finance supports the operations of the AIG Investments function by partnering with the Investment Professionals to meet AIG's collective investment goals. This includes supporting investment initiatives; capital markets transactions; on-going portfolio oversight; reporting and analytics across various asset classes. AIG Investments Finance is also responsible for the execution of monthly financial close, Fed, GAAP and Statutory reporting; budgeting; forecasting and stress testing requirements related to the investment portfolio for our clients as well as external stakeholders and regulators. Success in AIG Investments requires individuals who work collaboratively in a strong team environment; are dynamic; analytical and motivated by continuous improvement.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives