UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Production Underwriter - Corporate Accident
Strong focus on broker and customer needs. Ability to identify trends across multiple Corporate Accident Brokers. Corporate Underwriting experience. Ability to build relationships with Corporate Brokers through effective communication and service.
- Assists in the management of key relationship for premier Corporate Accident brokers.
- Works on highlighting relationship obstacles and assists the Senior Production underwriter in solving issues internally and externally.
- Has an end to end view of the customer journey for all brokers and clients; includes internal coordination with FSU, SBU and other functional areas.
- Quotes new business following all business protocols.
- Quotes renewals not currently processed in Renewal Underwriting Unit, following all business protocols.
- Works on new business submissions with Senior Production Underwriter to deliver consistent
- Works with Client Engagement & BDM teams as needed to prospecting of national and middle market accounts.
- Promotes and educates on the value of corporate accident business through special meetings and events
- Serves as subject matter expert for corporate accident products.
- Solicits and documents industry trends, market changes and technology requirements in marketplace.
- Work with product development to improve corporate accident products to evolve with industry trends and competitive offerings
- Visit with premier brokers as needed; attend client stewardship meetings as needed in coordination with Senior Production Underwriter.
The Corporate Production Underwriter will be evaluated on:
- Senior Production Underwriter and/or Corporate Accident Broker satisfaction.
- New Business Premium
- Renewal retention ratio
- Submission, quote & hit ratios
- Profitability of the book : Loss and commission ratios for portfolio
- 7 plus years of underwriting and/or sales experience in the corporate accident US business.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload to ensure consistent service to Corporate Brokers through effective collaboration with Senior Production Underwriters.
- Proven ability to collaborate, motivate, and gain commitment and trust from colleagues.
- Strong relationship management skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives