Senior 401(k) Benefits Analyst
HR - Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior 401(k) Benefits Analyst to join our team in NYC. You will be responsible for assisting the manager with the oversight and management of AIG's Qualified 401(k) plans and frozen, non-qualified deferred compensation plans. The role requires working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide subject matter expertise for managing defined contribution (DC) plans and processes
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to make recommendations for enhanced processes and controls with respect to 401(k) plan management
- Assist with the coordination between Legal, Compliance and the 401K service providers, as needed, on plan changes, divestitures, acquisitions, QDROs, data clean-up, etc.
- Provide DC reports, analysis and trends as requested
- Assist with responding to internal and external audit requests
- Monitor, update and correct DC processing and payroll issues
- Respond to employee inquires and resolve employee issues related to 401k
- Assist when required with DC reporting requirements
- Liaise and collaborate with plan service providers, benefit consultants, carriers/vendors and legal as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years Defined Contribution experience within a large organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations impacting employee benefits and DC plans
- Strong analytical skills and proven project management experience
- Above average organizational skills with strong attention to detail, follow up and problem solving resolutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access) with extensive experience in Excel (Expert level)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Workday and HRIS systems highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified Benefits Professional designation preferred
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives