Sr. Underwriting Specialist
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Exciting opportunity to join the Large Limits team and manage and grow your own book of business in global property. This is a strategic role incorporating client engagement, loss prevention and risk mitigation on a team utilizing unparalleled capacity and capabilities in the property market. Performance Objectives
•Develops key client and broker relationships and attracts new business in the Large accounts area
•Works closely with engineering team and across the organization to develop and deliver tailored solutions to our clients
•Mentors and collaborates with less experienced underwriters in order to further develop internal talent
*Works with Clients and Brokers to determine Insurance needs and provide solutions on admitted or non admitted basis.
* Underwrites and analyzes new and renewal business within delegated underwriting framework. Administers underwriting guidelines & regulations.
* Assume an active role in all aspects of the segment's business, including marketing, risk evaluation, proposal development and binding of accounts.
• Responsible for marketing and underwriting global property business through Retail brokers in the Western Region.
*Communicates and collaborates across the organization- Claims, Product Management, Loss Control, Legal, Distribution to provide solutions/recommendations to achieve organizational success.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
• A minimum of five years experience underwriting property lines in the middle market or large account size.
• Strong analytical and marketing skills are required.
• Must have excellent communication, organization, negotiating and leadership skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.