Internal Wholesaler (Life Brokerage) - Houston, TX
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
In partnership with their assigned Regional Vice Presidents, the Internal Wholesaler focuses on growing new business in support of regional sales goals. This role assists in developing and managing distribution relationships by facilitating regional business production, creative selling and problem resolution.
• Assists in the development and management of regional business plans, aligning with the RVP to develop and grow new business within assigned territory.
• Proactive daily outbound sales calls to BGA's and preferred producers educating them about American General products, discuss agency niche opportunities, challenges, recommend case design solutions, marketing ideas and advanced sales concepts to drive increased production.
• Partners with Regional Vice President to identify and foster leads generated from referrals, territory canvassing and other sources.
• Distributes marketing ideas and presentations based on distribution profiles and marketing strategies.
• Analyzes territory production to determine sales growth opportunities, providing continuous feedback to the RVPs about BGA changes, issues or items of interest.
• Conduct agency web casts and/or conference calls for business development as needed.
• Routine communication updates with Regional Vice President to share/collaborate on joint regional sales activities, reviews sales reports, generates marketing concepts & ideas, coordinates sales success stories and shares relevant Company information.
• Participates in new and existing product and sales training to enhance performance and career development.
• Provides a high level of service, product, and industry awareness to incoming territory calls while proactively leveraging sales avenues.
• Routinely exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Expanded knowledge of Life Insurance products and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts
• Strong communication (verbal & written) and relationship building skills
• Discretion, judgment and listening skills
• Requires a demonstrated record of self-direction, initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability
• Strong public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, illustrations, internet, electronic marketing
• Strong service orientation
• Proven telemarketing/telephone skills
• Life/Health License
• Series 6 & 63 preferred
Education: Bachelor's Degree + Insurance designations or significant progress towards designations with an emphasis on Sales/Marketing (i.e. CLU and/or ChFC)
Experience: Minimum 3 - 5 years life sales experience in financial services, preferably in an internal wholesaling capacity.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives