Global Real Estate - Accounting Manager
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Global Real Estate Investment Corp.
AIG Global Real Estate is seeking an accounting manager who will be primarily responsible for the accounting, tax, reporting and treasury aspects within the AIG Insurance Company investment portfolio. This position requires someone who is motivated, interested in learning and very attentive to detail. The individual for this position should be comfortable working and contributing to a team environment, enjoy being in a busy environment where new and complex transactions occur and interfacing at various levels within and outside the organization. This position offers experience in many accounting, reporting and tax areas of responsibility within a line of business offering excellent growth opportunities.
In addition to assisting management in special projects as assigned, the core responsibilities of this position include directing staff activities and assisting in:
- Proactively identify and resolve accounting, reporting and tax issues.
- Review and analysis of financial reporting; including GAAP financial statements, cash flows, income tax reporting and other project specific reporting.
- Participation in site visits to investment properties. Assistance with the development of accounting policies and procedures and internal control issues.
- Accounting responsibilities, including general ledger function, GAAP reporting, estimates and variance analysis. Also involvement with accounting and reporting of property, investment, project, department and cost center reporting and review and analysis.
- Assistance with the annual budget process and variance reporting.
- Preparation of reporting to various AIG groups and to third parties.
WORK EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- A minimum of five years accounting and finance work history. Working experience with a “Big 4” or other internationally recognized CPA firm a +. CPA preferred. Prior experience with real estate industry is recommended. Experience with due diligence and joint venture relationships is helpful.
- Must have experience working under pressure with various projects and deadlines, while reporting to multiple people. There will be significant interaction with joint venture partners, other AIG internal groups, third party property managers, and asset/investment managers.
- Candidate must be proactive with issues and responsive to management. Must have the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and possess initiative, organization, problem-solving, analytical, and technical skills. Demonstrated leadership abilities are essential, but also able to work well independently. Detail oriented and willing to take a hands on approach in all elements of the job.
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting, budgeting, transaction analysis and review.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite. Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Bachelor's degree with major in accounting preferred or Master's degree in Accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. There will be heavy interaction with many parties in different cultures.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with accounting software preferred.
- The person must be a Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives