Senior Underwriter A&E
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
We are seeking a senior level Underwriting professional for an exciting opportunity within the Financial Lines business segment. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for: Underwriting complex new and renewal A&E business Reviewing new business submissions, evaluating risk performance, and assisting with attaining profitability objective within delegated authority and in accordance with established underwriting guidelines Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners Visiting agents/producers to further develop relationships & grow the book of business Other responsibilities as required .
• Minimum of 6 to 9 years of relevant professional insurance experience
• Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skillset.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
• Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
• Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions when necessary.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives