Ops Processor I - RMD Part Time
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
As a member of VALIC RMD & Systematic Team, you will be assisting clients with establishing and maintaining periodic payments on their accounts. You will assist the client in all aspects of periodic payment processing which may include but is not limited to the following; research documentation to determine prior payment history; reviewing returned forms and paperwork to determine if they are in good order for periodic payment setup; processing periodic payments determined by regulatory, product, and plan requirements; answer periodic payment questions for both internal and external clients by researching various databases.
This position reports to the Manager of VALIC RMD & Systematic and works closely with internal and external customers and other departments, researching all approaches to meet client needs.
• Maintain high work standards reviewing and processing complex financial documents.
• Process all periodic requests while maintaining quality review and productivity standards.
• Use positive customer relations skills to communicate accurately, in a detailed and professional manner.
• Must be able to learn, understand and interpret periodic options offered in order to correctly process or NIGO requests to ensure compliance with products, plan, group and IRS regulations.
• Work in a team environment, develop working relationships inside and outside the organization, share information and ideas with team members/management, and strive to achieve continuous improvement and increase efficiency.
• Handle special projects as assigned. Evaluate and resolve escalated and high priority situations using research skills and alternative approaches.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• High school diploma or equivalent and one to two years of VALIC or other business experience is preferred.
• SAP and TAPS experience preferred but not required
• Excellent written customer service skills that include the use of excel spreadsheets and shared documents.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Able to work part-time hours of 24 hours per week; 6 hours per day 4 days a week. Need candidate to work 6 hours Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Option of candidate to either work 6 hours on Wednesday or Thursday.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives