IT Support Specialist
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
**This position will reside in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. The work schedule will be 4 days a week/10 hour days with one hour for lunch.**
The IT Support Specialist provides IT related support services to end users and other IT team members. The Production Support team triages tier-2 support incidents and provides support for the applications and websites used by AIG Travel customers and users. This position performs a variety of complicated tasks which rely on experience, judgment, and analysis skills to resolve and prevent issues in a structured manner. This team works closely with the business and various other IT teams (help/service desk, development, design/architecture, and other infrastructure teams). As a member of this team you will play a key role in investigating and resolving issues. This team utilizes a follow-the-sun support approach having both onshore and offshore resources to provide 24x7x365 support for our users. The ideal candidate will possess creativity and will be able to exercise independent judgment.
• Install and configure computer applications in a mostly Windows environment
• Talk end users through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help resolve issues
• Troubleshoot and monitor system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• Follow diagrams and written instructions to resolve application faults
• Support the roll-out of new applications
• Work continuously on a task until completion (or escalate to third parties, if appropriate)
• Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with end users and other professionals, such as software developers
• Minimum 1-2 years prior experience providing technical support
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting complex web-based applications
• Extensive familiarity with Windows operating systems
• Familiarity with internet browser configurations
Preferred Experience (some or all):
• Knowledge of Powershell, Python, or other scripting/programming languages
• Familiarity with Selenium or other automation frameworks/tools
• Experience troubleshooting web environments with load-balanced servers
• Knowledge of active/active high-availability environments
• Experience using Application Dynamics performance monitoring tool or similar monitoring tools
• Microsoft SharePoint administration
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.