Sr. Yacht Underwriter
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
As a Yacht Underwriting Analyst you will be focused on developing a profitable book of Casualty business by underwriting the accounts and using pricing tools and underwriting judgment to develop a technical price range and suggested coverage terms/conditions. The position will include working with internal underwriting & process to assist in underwriting Yacht & Watercraft business
including but not limited to working directly with outside brokers and processing business internally.
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope:
We are seeking a Yacht Underwriting Analyst who will part of a team responsible for underwriting and pricing new and renewal Yacht business. The Yacht Analyst will report directly to the Yacht Underwriting Manager. Position will focus on new business, renewals & endorsements.
- Analyze submitted account information for the largest most complex accounts, evaluate risks and controls, and ensure compatibility with risk appetite
- Apply underwriting judgment to pricing model results to generate a technical price range, suggested coverage terms/conditions
- Ensure technical price ranges, alternative structure options and suggested coverage terms/conditions adhere to filed rating plans & guidelines
- Support overall yacht underwriting process including quoting new business, issuance of new business and endorsing existing business
- An undergraduate Bachelor's degree preferred
- 10+ years of Private Pleasure Yacht/Marine Insurance related experience
- 5+ years working in the marine insurance industry
- Strong working knowledge of US Casualty lines of business in the High Net Worth space
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions
- Ability to communicate with internal team and external broker partners
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives