Analyst - Portfolio Management
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
AIG GLOBAL REAL ESTATE - AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Position Title: Analyst - Portfolio Management
Position Reports To: Managing Director of Portfolio Management
Purpose of the Position:
The Analyst will be responsible for working with the AIG's Affordable Housing team in Los Angeles to provide administrative support for real estate transactions and to handle loan servicing responsibilities for a large debt portfolio.
The position will support the Portfolio Management group as needed to execute on a high volume of debt and equity transactions in the Affordable Housing portfolio, as well as be responsible for the day-to-day servicing requirements of a debt portfolio consisting of loans and bonds.
The Analyst will report to, and work closely with, the Managing Director and Vice President of Portfolio Management, all internal departments, partners, brokers and lenders.
- Coordinate between internal departments, partners, brokers and lenders to complete due diligence requirements for all sales, refinancings and other debt and equity transactions.
- Proactively drive communication as to outstanding issues, status of projects and progress toward targets.
- Accurately input information and update monthly and quarterly reports. Update internal databases and spreadsheets with sales and refinancing information upon closing.
- Assist in the preparation and coordinate the distribution of the agenda and supporting materials for weekly Portfolio Management and Investment Committee meetings.
- Coordinate with loan servicers and sub-servicers for Affordable Housing's holdings of real estate mortgages and tax-exempt bond pool certificates, as well as AIG obligations under various debt guarantees.
- Complete all annual filings (UCCs, Letter of Credit renewals, Arbitrage Rebate Reports, E&O certifications, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac certifications, etc.).
- Prepare and oversee disbursements and receipts of servicing fees, bond pool distributions, etc.
- Participate in monthly sub-servicer calls.
- Process replacement reserve requests.
- At least three to five years of work experience, preferably in banking or real estate.
- A bachelor's degree or higher, with a focus on business administration, real estate, accounting or finance.
- Background in administration, accounting or lending (preferably real estate, but not required).
- Strong organization skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated confidence in building and effectively maintaining positive relationships with clients, vendors and colleagues.
- Exceptional computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Physical demands: Individual must be capable of sitting and working on a computer for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to speak clearly and understandably, hear communications by telephone and in person, type data into a computer and read data from a computer screen.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.