UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
Key Position Responsibilities for the Underwriting Technician Include:
- Build client relationships and demonstrate customer focus
- Analyze current policy data including billing, inspection reports and loss runs to make educated decision on renewal PCG business
- Partner with brokers to enhance renewal insurance programs and find ways to retain customers
- Liaison between the broker and underwriter to ensure needs are being met
- Understand and adhere to authority guidelines
- Ensure polices contain all compliance related documentation
- Adhere to department standards and objectives
- Understanding PCG's workflows, contracts, underwriting strategy and systems
- In depth knowledge of renewal processing, including the use of STAR database
- Understanding of rating factors
- Basic organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve stated time service standards as outlined for particular role/function
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve quality objectives as outlined for particular role/function
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel and a strong aptitude for PC and internet usage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.