Sr. Underwriter- Cyber & Professional Liability
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
- Underwriting of Cyber & Professional Liability business across the Southwest US
- Maintain underwriting standards with full regard to risk and profitability
- Develop and maintain strong broker/client relationships.
- Grow target business and increase profitability
- Assist in the development of junior staff members
- Travel/Meetings - 10%
- 3-5 years of financial lines UW experience, strong preference for professional liability and cyber experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business or information technology.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Working knowledge of financial statements and strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Candidate should have 3+ years general insurance experience, a working knowledge of financial statements and/or experience in financial lines underwriting.
- Must have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as strong marketing and negotiation skills.
- Candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational skills and have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.