Construction Risk Consultant
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
- This is a Construction Risk Consulting/Loss Control/Health & Safety position for the Southern California area that may include providing service to Energy and General Industry clients. The position also requires work with internal Business Partners, Underwriters, Relationship Managers and Account Executives to define and coordinate technical account information including client engagements related to risk consulting services with business impact, risk selection considerations, budgets and more.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Identifying internal and external client needs and understanding the goals and objectives to address these needs.
- Developing and delivering risk consulting services primarily to construction clients.
- Engaging with client management to drive measurable improvements in risk factors, claims and losses.
- Generating program related recommendations to impact strategic goals of the insured.
- Ability to obtain and combine data to develop a strategic plan.
- Working effectively with field personnel and field management as needed.
- Able to complete OSHA 10 & 30 hour Construction training.
- Experience with casualty insurance lines of business (i.e. Workers' Compensation, General Liability, Product Liability, Auto Liability).
- Capable of learning Construction or Energy operations to service either industry.
- Strong communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Able to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Operates with limited management involvement; can carry out detailed instructions.
- Technically competent in industry exposures and controls; easily supports findings.
- Adaptable to new methodologies and able to adjust to implementation of same.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- Industry certifications/designations beyond college preferred (i.e. Certified Safety Professional, Construction Health and Safety Technician, Associate in Risk Management, etc.).
- 50% estimated travel.
- Relocation is not provided.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.