OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
This position reports to the Regional Head of US PCG Business Analytics for Property and Auto.
The role is responsible for the identification and analysis of key financial and operational metrics to evaluate the drivers of economic value and business performance.
This position is also responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of corrective action strategies to improve profitability, enhance underwriting performance and contribute to achieving financial targets for RAP, profit and growth. Work collaboratively across functions (marketing, finance, claims, operations, actuarial, underwriting and distribution) to establish the key financial and operational drivers of economic value for the business segment Participate in the ongoing analysis of the key metrics to evaluate the performance of the business operations (e.g. closure ratios, retention, UW turn times, mix of business changes, etc.) that need to be managed in order for the business segment to produce profitable and growing performance Consolidate summary information from all of the different disciplines to provide a holistic view of the performance of the business segment.
Highlight critical trends, and recommend actions to improve profitability and growth Produce concise, relevant and actionable management information reports and analysis, including an understanding of the competition Demonstrate strong understanding of local macroeconomic and competitive trends in each market and provide insight to product managers Propose and help implement solutions to improve profitability with respect to short and long term portfolio remediation strategies Monitor agreed upon underwriting corrective action plans with actual to expected result measurement for the region Provide feedback on specific segment and product strategies to ensure that sales , growth, and profitability objectives are achieved
- BS/BA Degree (MS preferred) preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Math or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of insurance industry or financial services experience in personal Property/Auto product management, underwriting, actuarial or analytics capacity.
- Strong analytical, financial, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound judgments backed by analytical and quantitative skills.
- Process expertise and familiarity with IT systems.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and critical business issues and drive to successful resolution.
- Work requires continual and precise attention to detail and expense control discipline and experience.
- 2-5 years of experience with data analysis and preparation, including experience with very large data sets.
- Medium to High level SQL skills and SAS skills. Experience with C#, Java, R, and/or Python is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization techniques and tools such as Tableau and Qlikview is a plus.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of drivers of insurance risk and pricing analysis.
- Strong process and systems skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in the Insurance Industry a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives