Associate Director, Life Product Management
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG has an opportunity for an Associate Director, Life and A&H Product Management. This position reports to the Head of Life and A&H Product Management.
In this highly visible role, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the product design and development of industry-leading and highly competitive Term, Universal Life, Indexed Universal Life, Variable Universal Life, and Whole Life products.
- Interfacing with sales, pricing, marketing, underwriting, legal, and compliance teams to ensure effective and timely implementation of initiatives and pricing strategies.
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of product requirements and evaluating ongoing product performance.
- Identifying client product needs, conducting competitive analysis, developing new products or enhancing the features of existing products, and working closely with operations, IT, training, marketing, and sales management involved in supporting and promoting the assigned products.
- Managing or providing training and direction to other junior staff.
- Developing tools and calculators to enhance life insurance pricing, marketing, and sales concepts.
- Proven ability to lead through influence and to motivate and gain commitment and trust from both direct reports and peers.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product management, product development, actuarial, finance, or related field.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously, leading others, and managing the successful completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to others in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Ability to work across interdisciplinary teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in an environment of constant change.
- Innovative thinker.
- Actuarial experience required. FSA, or ASA with a minimum of 7 years' experience post-ASA.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the life insurance industry and products. Broad understanding and awareness of the regulatory environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Change management experience.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives