Actuarial Systems Analyst I
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Actuarial Systems Analyst will support the functional needs of the department by utilizing background and expertise while administering, developing, implementing and/or maintaining databases, programs, and reports generated for Actuarial use. This will enable the delivery of a high quality data to meet the business requirements of the department.
Create effective and readable documentation for the various admin systems across all Life and Retirement.
Complete various programming tasks which include testing and implementation of programs.
Provide support throughout the department by resolving routine problems by performing ad hoc file queries independently.
Document and code programs and files used in production.
Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to support project efforts.
The ideal Candidate Should Have
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training are required.
- Minimum experience of three years in a programming environment is required.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on mainframe experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Proficient in platform appropriate programming languages, utilities and code management tools.
- Background in Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well on cross-functional projects and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Able to meet objectives and target dates under pressure, react to changing priorities, demonstrate initiative, and develop new skills.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives