Account Relations Manager - Houston, TX
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The purpose of this job is to ensure complete and accurate onboarding and commission payouts to our agencies and National Marketing organizations. This is accomplished by fostering a team of employees whose focus is to deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. Ensures that we adopt standard, repeatable and consistent methods to track progress and to have an open dialogue with Distribution regarding escalated items. Supervises team of 6 or more exempt/professional employees.
• Oversees the resolution of escalated contracting and commission issues. Oversees the resolution of escalated contracting and commission issues. Will have authority to approve and initiate up to $50,000 in commission adjustments. Develops long-term, forward -looking strategies focused on scalability, timely problem resolution, and coordinating real-time communications with our distribution clients
• Builds strong working relationships with our Sales and Distribution teams, becoming the main point of contact for assigned distribution channels. Fosters an environment of collaboration and issue resolution. Identifies and coordinates client-specific training to improve processing efficiency and effectiveness.
• Partners with field focused sales teams and distribution partners to identify market trends and process improvements. Coordinates the implementation of both process and system changes to capitalize on market trends and improvement opportunities.
• Plans, manages, and evaluates work of staff, as well as make decisions regarding pay, performance management, growth & development opportunities, employment and staffing.
• Work within and across organization boundaries to identify and resolve issues and remove obstacles.
• Ensure deliverables and objectives are achieved within budget constraints.
• Organize and facilitate meetings as required.
• Works closely with vendors and internal team members for ongoing straight through process opportunities, including tracking and reporting and measuring against key performance indicators
Candidate will have:
An associate's degree OR 6 or more years of management related experience.
Strong customer service skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office Products. MS Access/Excel knowledge preferred.
Excellent problem solving, thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Strong teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to handle multiple high-priority demands, competing priorities and multiple-tasks in a fast pace environment.
Education Required: Associates Degree
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives