Business Analyst- Life Insurance
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Position can be based in Houston, TX, Nashville, TN or Woodland Hills, CA
The primary purpose of the job is to provide Business Analysis services in support of the development of the Actuarial Data Store (ADS) managed by the Actuarial Information Technology group. The Actuarial Data Team needs a strong Business Analyst with a life insurance background to understand Business Processes and prepare Business Requirement Documentation by working closely with Actuarial Information Technology stakeholders and actuarial business users. The project supports the actuarial department's growing data needs, automation of data intake and analysis. We need a strong resource to thoroughly understand, analyze, and document stakeholder's processes and information needs following best practices. This position is required as we enter a new stage of increase need for data analysis in actuarial projects. Successful candidates should be self-driven, able to work with minimum supervision and have extensive experience in analyzing and documenting data-driven and information analysis business processes with strong background in finance and/or insurance.
- Develop complete, formal data requirements on life insurance products (interest-sensitive, term, whole life) from multiple data sources, including administrative systems for use in actuarial projection models
- Assist with data validation, including the creation and execution of test plans on data builds by comparing to alternate data sources, verifying transformation algorithms applied, checking internal consistency of data, and reviewing quality of supplied data
- Provide feedback to actuaries and IT staff regarding analysis performed
- Work closely with IT SME's and model development actuaries to document administrative system policy mechanics
- Participate in Business Requirement walk through.
- Interpret/explain Business Requirements and coordinate with Developers for New Requirements/Issue Resolutions/Change Requests.
- Coordinate with Admin System DBAs on identification and extraction of Source data. - Prepare Mapping Documentation for all stages of data flow from Source to Target
- Prepare Data Dictionary for data marts - Create and track Plan for loading of data every Month/Quarter from several Admin Systems/Sources.
- Interact/coordinate with SMEs/Business teams for New Requirements/Issue Resolutions/Change Requests.
- Participate in daily / weekly scrum calls with the team.
- At least 1 year of actuarial experience with life insurance products, or 3+ years IT experience with direct support of life insurance business and excellent understanding of products
- Experience with life insurance administrative systems is a plus
- Experience documenting requirements for large and complex data processing and analysis projects - Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, or ETL processing is a plus
- Strong attention to detail in both work performed and presentation of work products - Experience communicating and interacting with all levels of management in the process of gathering requirements.
- Experience working in controlled development, testing and production environments - Experience with issue tracking/project planning applications (JIRA).
- Familiarity with standard development toolkits including source repositories (TFS) is a plus - Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives