Part Time Sales Assistant - Pittsburgh, PA
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Part Time Sales Assistant:
- Phone work setting appointments with existing clients.
- Providing administrative support to VALIC sales professional.
- Monitor and manage Financial Advisor's calendar.
- Monitor and manage sales leads.
- Respond to client requests for forms or sales literature
- Assist with preparing client mailings.
- Prepare routine correspondence; and, completing office tasks such as copying, taking messages, distributing mail items, etc.
- Put together client enrollment packets.
- This position will not perform selling duties, nor advise clients.
-Office location: Penn Center West 3, Pittsburgh, PA 15276
To be successful in this position, individual must be skilled in verbal and written communication and have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with external contact. Applicant must also have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities concurrently. A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required, and an intermediate knowledge is preferable. Must consistently exercise discretion in handling client interactions, and in directing clients to the appropriate party for resolving problems or complex issues.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with applicable personal computer applications, including managing Outlook e-mail database, Microsoft Word and Excel, and also acquire and maintain a working knowledge of VALIC sales materials ordering procedures and regulations pertaining to client contact.
- Laptop computer will be provided.
- 20-24 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, flexible schedule. No securities licensing required. - Person hired for this position will work in the Regional office.
- Training will be provided by the Financial Advisor(s) - High school graduate, or equivalent
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf