AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
The individual for this position is a member of the Valuation Consolidation Team. He or she plays a large role in statutory reporting, filings with state insurance departments, rating agency surveys, and account reconciliations. The statutory reporting and rating agency surveys are seasonal, with most falling in the first half of the year. The insurance department filing and account reconciliations are year-round.
1. Actuarial Valuation's Consolidation Team is responsible for an array of summarizing, coordinating, and analytical duties, including roll-forwards of fund values and reserves across product lines; tax reserves for use by our Tax Department; earnings analysis; statutory reporting; responding to requests from state insurance departments; assisting with rating agency surveys; working with external and internal auditors; account reconciliations; and more.
2. The Actuarial Associate will work with actuaries, accountants, and compliance personnel throughout the company; state insurance departments; external and internal auditors.
3. Duties include:
• Quarterly earning analysis preparation
• Annual statement exhibit preparation
• Quarterly and annual in-force reporting
• Preparation and reconciliation of roll-forwards
• Consolidation of exhibits from multiple actuarial teams
• Preparing In Force summaries across all line of business for experience studies
• Various ad hoc projects throughout the valuation department
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives