Senior Risk Analyst - Model Governance
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
The Model Risk Management Group (MRM) within Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is tasked to measure, monitor and manage risks related to models and model-based decision making company-wide. The Model Risk Analytics and Governance (MRAG) team, a subgroup within the MRM, is responsible for operationalization and administration of Model Risk Management Policy and Procedures, and to develop risk analytics tools that provide model risk monitoring and reporting capabilities. The MRAG team works closely with senior leadership and other stakeholders across the Firm to design, develop and operate model risk analytics tools and systems that assist in model risk oversight and management. As model risk management evolves across the industry it is expected that the demand for such tools will continue to grow.
Successful candidates for this position will have a technical background with familiarity with model risk management concepts and a good understanding of model governance, reporting skills using information technology tools, effective listening and communication skills, strong project management and analytical abilities, and experience in delivering high quality under tight deadlines. Candidates with experience working in a model risk management group are preferred.
- Assist in the continuous design improvements, development, management and operations of AIG's model governance system.
- Assist in the administration and operations of model risk management policy and procedures.
- Maintain and continuously improve the model risk governance framework/processes/templates and collaborate with stakeholders to train and help them adhere.
- Have ownership to a wide range of model governance tools and requirements, and related operational processes.
- Facilitate design, development and operationalization of model governance tools such as dashboards and reports that interface with the model risk management system.
- Work with a wide range stakeholders across the firm and identify the appropriate data, analytic requirements and specifications.
- Be proactive in evolving creative solutions for complex design and operational problems.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders to regularly monitor and update data on the model risk landscape.
- Support the group and stakeholders for Fed and internal audit deliverables.
- 2-3 years of combined work experience in the Financial Services industry and Information Technology.
- Candidates must be well-versed in relational database (RDBMS) concepts, SQL, SSRS, MS Office SharePoint suite.
- Candidates must be familiar in Model Risk Management topics and concepts.
- Ability to establish and improve standards and processes to support model risk management, leverage technology to automate and operationalize them, wherever applicable.
- Demonstrated track record of innovation and creativity.
- Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals through organizational savvy and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including a willingness and ability to understand financial regulation.
- High level of self-initiative, including an ability to balance and execute on multiple projects at once and to deliver results under tight time constraints.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance and/or Policy preferred
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives