Complex Claims Director Severity
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Claims, Inc.
The role of a Complex Director is to investigate, evaluate and resolve Commercial General Liability claims. Provides exceptional customer service and commitment to bring assigned cases to a timely, proper resolution. This requires accurate and thorough documentation, as well as, resolution action plans based upon the applicable law, coverage and supporting evidence. Assigned claims typically consists of moderate to complex litigated and non-litigated losses. Travel may be necessary as required for internal and external meetings, trials, mediations and settlement conferences. Performance Objectives
• Maintains high standards of customer service. This includes prompt contact and follow up to complete timely and accurate investigation, damage evaluation and claim resolution in accordance with regulatory and company standards.
• Conducts a thorough investigation of coverage, liability and damages. Must document facts and maintain evidence to support claim resolution.
• Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in all applicable jurisdictions.
• Establish appropriate loss and expense reserves with documented rationale. Ongoing review of reserves required through life of file.
• Demonstrates technical efficiency through timely, consistent execution of best claim handling practices and claim handling guidelines.
• Communicates effectively with internal and external customers on claims and account issues.
• Maintain and manage a diary system to efficiently manage and resolve assigned claim inventory.
• Effectively manage complex litigated cases while ensuring timely and cost effective outcomes.
• Prepare Large Loss reports and maintain ongoing claim updates.
• Property and Casualty licenses required. Must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with Self Insured Retentions and Captive Policies preferred. - Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience. - 7 years previous general liability claim experience preferred. - Extensive understanding of claim litigation process. - Excellent verbal and written communication skills. - Excellent customer service skills. - Analytical with good decision making skills. - Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. - Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and exercise good judgment.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives