Senior Risk Consultant - WC/GL
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
This position is responsible for delivering and coordinating Safety and Health Consulting services to a broad range of AIG's insured clients. Candidates must have heavy EHS consulting experience in all casualty lines of business (i.e. Workers' Compensation, General Liability, Auto Liability. Products Liability a plus). You must be comfortable consulting with clients at all levels on risk improvement strategies for the above lines of business and improving loss performance. The ideal candidate has strong management consulting skills and can gain corporate support for funding, resources and for executing solutions/recommendations.
You must be able to:
- Develop productive relationships with existing clients, brokers and underwriters that deepens the business relationship and makes business activities safer.
- Negotiate and manage client expectations that achieve cost effective risk reduction that are in line with market expectations and best practices.
- Assist with the design of service specifications and outcome-based solutions that achieve loss frequency and/or severity reductions.
- Provide technical support that helps underwriters understand a client's operational risk and that can influence risk selection and/or pricing.
- Conduct on-site EHS surveys and/or research; prepare written risk assessment reports and deliver findings to underwriting to support their risk selection strategy.
- Incorporate innovative methods to collect, analyze and deliver data that is useful for businesses to improve risk and impact profitability.
• Experience in a national EHS consulting role and/or corporate EHS position with responsibility for developing, implementing and administering EHS programs and for facilitating change to achieve measurable results.
• Proven ability to analyze and interpret data, including loss data, benchmarking, business reports and design client/risk specific value proposition
• Comfort in presentations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication and corporate hierarchical levels.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, selling and marketing skills with an ability to develop occupational safety and health/risk management assessments, service proposals and service presentations.
• Strong business acumen with proven analytical, problem-solving and salesmanship skills to deliver a strong management proposal/business case.
• Preferred industry certifications/designations beyond college (i.e. CSP, CPCU, ARM, etc.).
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives