IT Project Manager
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Guard Group, Inc.
Adhere to adopted Project Management Lifecycle:
- Provide day-to-day project leadership and overall accountability for project implementation
- Consistently apply adopted project management methodologies throughout the project lifecycle and adhere to Enterprise Project Control Procedure
- Facilitate group meetings; arrive at meetings/appointments timely; delivers meeting minutes consistently
- Ensure that project timelines and budgets are set prior to the start of all projects and change management controls are used as needed
- Identify and implement process improvements for Project Management Processes, department processes, etc. as agreed upon by the Manager of the Enterprise Project Management Office
- Maintain awareness of business direction for all Portfolio Types and understand the roles of each department within Travel Guard
- Practice strategic thinking for the overall good of the company and understands business implication of decisions
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key leaders in the organization
Create, monitor and report status of project plans:
- Create project plan that accurately reflects tasks required, resources needed and timelines for delivery; utilize standard project management templates
- Offer alternatives to meet business unit delivery requirements
- Develops a project communication plan to ensure two-way communication. Determines stakeholder and sponsor requirements for project time reporting and establishes project status reporting process and cycle.
- Execute change management procedures as delivery times or requirements change
- Monitor labor, software, hardware and indirect costs of the project and compare to budget estimates; reporting all variances and stop projects to review significant variances
- Works with vendors, internal client management, project team members and stakeholders to define project scope, resource requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables and milestones.
- Manages the definition and refinement of project objectives and tasks and, on an ongoing basis, evaluates various courses of action and selects the most effective alternative to attain project goals.
- Identifies/reviews organization's risk management policies and procedures, assesses stake holder's risk tolerance levels and identifies preliminary risk for project viability. Manages risk throughout the life cycle of the project and makes contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, time delivery or functionality. Balances identified risk against project benefits.
Review and close projects:
- Get business unit and project team input on quality of project implementation and lessons learned
- Create an actual to budget and schedule comparison of each project
- Review project execution, make suggestions to modify current processes as needed
Typical Minimum Experience:
- Related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Full understanding of the Project Management Lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products (including Project, Visio, and SharePoint)
- PMP Certified is a plus
- Insurance knowledge beneficial
Typical Minimum Knowledge and Skills
- Organizational and time management skills- Self-starter with strong organizational skills; Possesses skills to effectively plan and manage multiple priorities; uses time efficiently
- Communication skills - verbal communication is clear, professional and persuasive in positive and negative situations; Listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly, professionally and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs and communicates to appropriate audience
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Excellent team building and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of development methodologies, project planning and risk/issue management.
- Familiar with System Development Life Cycle
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives