IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
Associate Director for Life IT Application Operations
The Associate Director for IT Application Operations is responsible for multiple aspects of the implementation and operations of AIG applications and production environment.
In this role, the candidate will lead the team performing a variety of tasks in support of AIG's systems. Including, but not limited to: Ensuring systems are available and performing to expectations, being an escalation point for users, peers, and team members, coordination with team members and peer groups to address incidents, setting standards for processes and procedures, identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement, and being an evangelist for providing a high level of customer service.
- 7+ years' experience supporting applications in a production environment
- 3+ years' experience managing a team
- Knowledge of multiple technology platforms including web based, cloud based, and Windows platforms. Legacy system experience is helpful.
- Experience with software development and support practices in either an Agile or Waterfall environment. DevOps experience is a plus.
- Experience working with ITIL based processes including Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
- Experience with metrics gathering and reporting tools to analyze information to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work independently on assignments that require sound judgment in resolving issues and driving towards an end business result
- Ability to facilitate and drive processes or projects to completion by working collaboratively with diverse teams and peer groups
- Ability to guide and mentor team members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Team player having the ability to work effectively in a team environment and with all levels
- Without hesitation, escalate issues to upper management, to include C-Level managers, in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Experience working in a customer focused IT support role
- A sense of ownership and willing to take risks in the best interest of the organization
- Experience if Life Insurance business domain, including Policy Administration and Commissions systems.
- Development experience in a corporate environment
- Project management experience
- Team and Independent work skills
- Experience working as a technical resource for production IT systems
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives