VP Investment Strategy - Property Casualty US
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
As a part of AIG's Investment Management organization, the CIO team determines and develops discrete asset strategies designed to support the general account insurance liabilities customized by business unit, module, or line of business as necessary. The CIO unit also communicates investment activities to executive management, rating agencies, boards of directors, regulators and other interested parties. The group also plays an essential role in the pricing of insurance business and contributes to product design and pricing of new products being contemplated.
- Execution and oversight of long-term projects related to strategic asset allocation.
- Devise and advance ALM solutions, including optimal allocations between surplus and reserve-backing assets given portfolio constraints (including liquidity, foreign capacity, market supply) in conjunction with Investment Analytics.
- Optimization of assets on deposit in PC US legal entities.
- Provide thought leadership on PC US risk asset exposure.
- Partner with Legacy CIO on joint activities related to Legacy Funds Withheld portfolio.
- Manage daily tactical asset allocation including assigning target assets to PC US legal entities given cash availability, compliance constraints, and asset class concentration.
- Coordinate with NY desks on asset selection for dividends and tax payments and quarterly intercompany US pool settlements..
- Develop foreign currency investment plans taking into account liabilities including Brexit strategies.Develop and implement the quarterly investment plan for PC US through the allocation of projected cash flows among asset classes and legal entities, contingent planning for CCAR and other stress scenarios; maintenance of US reporting for investment planning purposes.
- Professional experience with fixed income asset management or analysis is required.
- Property Casualty Investment Management or Capital Management experience highly desirable.
- Strategic, self-starter able to deliver actionable work product when provided only with high-level goals.
- Understanding of fixed vs. floating rate products and experience managing duration a plus.
- Experience with structured products is a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP and statutory financial reporting including RBC calculations.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and advanced Excel skills.
- Very strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes.
- Presence and credibility to present effectively to key insurance company, parent company AIG Investments contacts.
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with internal and external investment, accounting, compliance, actuarial, marketing, systems personnel from junior staff to executive level.
- Bachelor's degree in the fields of business, finance or economics or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- CFA preferred, but not required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives