AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
AIG has an Exciting opportunity for a talented leader and Actuary. The incumbent's primary responsibility will be to provide actuarial support for industry leading reinsurance transactions. The incumbent will also assist in performing and communicating pivotal initiatives and next generation actuarial analyses.
The incumbent will work with our long-tailed lines (workers compensation, general liability, excess casualty, auto liability and environmental liability) reserving actuaries to communicate, summarize, and report on results related to reinsurance cessions that span a multitude of AIG's Property/Casualty profit centers. The job involves assisting in the related production of the Schedule P and other related annual statement exhibits, other statutory quarterly statements and management reporting information for the AIG PC GAAP and Statutory financials. Incumbent will interact regularly with senior actuarial management of AIG PC on reserve issues related to the profit centers.
The incumbent will also assist with various non-production analyses with an aim toward gaining deeper insights by leveraging new tool-sets.
- Responsible for timely and accurate analysis of loss reserves and accurate booking of the appropriate IBNR
- Communicate with and advise senior management, as well as underwriters, controllers, claims, or legal departments.Represent company at official functions and/or industry actuarial committees Interact with outside regulators and auditors to provide technical and professional information and guidance
- Coordinate the analysis of information to determine the adequacy of loss and loss expense reserves using actuarial techniques; supervise and prepare reserve study documentation; prepare information for financial statements
- Keep aware of emerging issues affecting long tailed product lines and adjust analysis as appropriate
- Assist in measuring reserve and pricing risk for each assigned division and the implications for capital management
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- 10 years or more of property casualty actuarial experience, with some in reserving
- ACAS or FCAS
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial reserving methodologies and techniques
- Ability to look at all matters creatively and with ingenuity
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Reinsurance background
- Reinsurance accounting (particularly with respect to retrospective treatment)
- Reinsurance contracts
- Modern data analysis toolsets (e.g., R, Python, Tableau)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives