District Retention Specialist
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
At AIG, we offer a unique opportunity that will launch your career with opportunities for professional growth and development supported by a powerful entrepreneurial culture of innovation. The VALIC Retirement Education Center has an opportunity to join its growing team. If you enjoy sales, problem solving, and overcoming objections over the phone, then a role in our Retirement Education Center would be right for you.
As a District Retention Specialist, you will focus on making outbound calls to current clients selling various investment products, and providing education and support to current and potential customers by answering questions related to our products and services.
Financial Services industry experience is not required. We will provide you with all of the training, support and funding required to become a licensed retirement specialist professional. In addition to career development, we offer generous performance incentives tied directly to your sales results on top of your base salary. We are looking for dynamic sales professionals focused on selling investment products to current clients. A strong candidate would be someone who is interested in a career in Financial Advising where 80% of your time is spent on sales advising and 20% of your time is spent servicing clients.
- Contact clients to determine if there have been changes in their financial and investment goals
- Educate clients on the investment products and services they are currently enrolled in
- Familiarization with core VALIC products and services
- Identify additional customer needs and introduce additional VALIC products
- Frame conversations strategically and overcome obstacles
- Answering product questions and assisting clients with pre- and post-sale inquiries.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 2-5 Years proven track record in strategic selling, strong interpersonal and communications skills, demonstrated team building, leadership and the ability to manage multiple complex sales engagements concurrently
- Ability to obtain FINRA Series 6 & 63 as well as the State Variable Life and Health License within 90 days of start date
- The ability to develop trusting relationships with clients and be proficient in communicating and educating clients over the phone
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives